Top 5 Critical Needs of Refugees Women in Emergencies
- Prevention of Sexual and Gender-based Violence: Lights, cooking fuel, separate latrines.
- Response to Sexual and Gender-based Violence: Medical services, psychosocial support.
- Safe Delivery: Skilled birth attendants, clean delivery kits.
- Reproductive Health Care: Contraceptives, emergency contraception.
- Visibility: Where are adolescent girls, women-headed households, pregnant women, persons with disabilities?
Top 5 Needs of Refugee Women in Long-term Displacement
- Due Process: Access to the legal systems that protect refugees’ rights.
- Livelihoods: Income generation that mitigates increased risk.
- Safe Spaces: Physical spaces where adolescent girls are safe and where there are services and mentors.
- Prevention of and Response to Sexual and Gender-based Violence: Continuing programs.
- Reproductive health care: Facilities, personnel and supplies for ongoing needs.